Call now: 0203 397 8220
Approved and Certified by

Commercial EPC

Get a quote

To get an instant quote Click Here

What does it do?

An Energy Performance Certificate records how energy efficient a property is as a building and gives a rating from A-G.
By using standard assumptions and methods about how energy efficient a building is it allows a prospective buyer or tenant to see information on efficiency and carbon emissions and compare it accurately to other properties.
With the EPC you will receive a recommendation report that provides of measures that are specific to your property on how to improve the efficiency and therefore it’s energy rating.

Do I need one?

You will need a commercial EPC if you are looking to sell, rent or build a commercial property.
There can be an exceptions – see ‘When do I not need an EPC?’ further down the page.
If a building is split into parts ‘designed or altered to be used as separate accommodation’ the parts may each require their own EPC. When buildings are used for multiple purchases it will often depend on the sort of heating system and your future plans for the building whether you need a single or multiple EPC’s.
See ‘What if I have a building that is subdivided into separate parts’ below, or call us on 0330 223 0008 for free guidance on the most cost effective solution to your buildings EPC requirements.

When is the EPC required?

You should provide the EPC to a prospective tenant or buyer when an interest is shown in the property and no later than the actual viewing. If written information is provided to a prospective tenant or buyer it must include the EPC.
Even if you are selling to someone you know, or no marketing takes places, it must still be provided before entering into a contract to sell or let.

How long is an EPC valid for?

An EPC is valid for up to 10 years, or until a newer EPC is produced.

When do I not need an EPC?

EPCs are not required on construction, sale or rent for:
• on sale or rent for buildings due to be demolished,
• temporary buildings with a planned time of use less than two years;
• stand alone (entirely detached) buildings with a total useful floor area of less than 50m2 that are not dwellings;
• places of worship;
• industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings with low energy demand;

What happens if I do not have an Energy Performance Certificate?

You will receive a penalty for failing to make an EPC available to a prospective tenant or buyer. This is usually 12.5% of the rateable value of the building, with a minimum penalty of £500 and maximum of £5000. When the formula cannot be applied the penalty is fixed at £750. You will still need an EPC once a penalty has been received.

What if I have a building that is subdivided into separate parts?

Sell or let a building as a whole?

You need an EPC for the entire building. If that building has parts designed or altered to be used separately with separate heating systems then you also need to provide EPCs for each of the individual parts, plus an EPC for any communal areas.

Selling of letting part of building, where the building has a common heating system

When a common heating system is in place, the seller of prospective landlord can prepare an EPC for the building as a whole or just for the individual part designed to be used separately (common areas are ignored).

Buildings with separate parts and separate heating systems

An EPC should be produced for each part of a building that is being offered separately for sale or let. If selling or letting the whole building you will need to provide EPCs for each of the individual parts plus an EPC for the conditioned communal areas or provide one EPC for the whole building.

A domestic EPC will be needed for any self-contained residential space that is only accessed via the commercial premises.

If you would like personalised advice on commercial EPC’s please call us on 0203 397 9106

Book Your EPC

You can book an EPC online. The price is determined by the floor area. To get an instant quote Click Here

Prices are for UK Mainland, In some more remote areas of Scotland, Wales and places such as the Isle of Wight a surcharge may need to be levied.
For coverage in Scotland please phone for pricing and availability.

Recent Reviews

We Accept